3.14.2011

Since When?


Hi! Oh how I've missed you! : ) A lot, I mean, so, so much happened during the 3 month hiatus I accidentally took writing this blog! I moved, started a new job, and began my first semester back at school -- all while discovering what has made probably the biggest difference in my life to date... But I'll get to that soon! I also took a lot of time to think about how I wanted to continue this blog. The content had already shifted toward informative health rather than tips for eating cheap, healthy and quick so I knew something needed to change. I listened and read as much nutritional talk as I could, particularly Sean Croxton's podcast and website.* He does such a freaking great job covering a variety of nutrition topics with an unbiased ear that it spurred tangent after tangent of curiosity. The only thing is his guests are all really educated.... yuck, I know. Just kidding! But they are like PhD status, years in the industry, could tell you from tongue to toilet on the cellular level what's happening when you bite into food. Which I love... I love bio-babble, but I have a hunch that it's not a commonly shared enthusiasm. So I got kind of consumed in the fascination of it all and let topics just marinate in my brain. What I've decided is I'd like to use this blog to motivate and facilitate how important what you put into your body is and why. I hear a lot of people say, "just tell me what I should eat," but that's the difference between teaching a man to fish and just handing him a trout. Instead I want to continue to break down any cool information I think may help you understand the relationship between food and health -- in a way that those of us who are still working on our PhD's, or not, can understand. So stay tuned, let me know how I do! 

The other factor that put a kink in blog production was I found out what I thought was lactose intolerance was actually a gluten sensitivity! I had suspected for a little while that something just wasn't right -- here I was writing a food blog, loving nutrition, eating healthy, getting enough sleep and exercise, managing stress well, and I still didn't feel awesome. I was extremely tired all the time, taking naps nearly every day, unmotivated, unexcited, irritable, uncommunicative... just not the way a healthy 24 year old should feel. And without too much detail I'll say things were a little off, um, digestively, too. So I've been on a gluten-free diet for just shy of a month now, and already the turn around is amazing!  I'll save the rest of the details about what gluten is and my transition off of it for later, but for now I just wanted to write a little something to say that I'm back and keep an eye out for new blog posts! More later... 

Sar


*http://undergroundwellness.com/


1 comment:

  1. Nice to know you are doing okay. Can't wait to learn how to fish.

    ReplyDelete