12.09.2010

WHOLE-Y FOOD!

   Hi:) I went to Whole Foods for the first time today. Wow. That place is kind of a shock to the senses when you first walk in... People and food were everywhere! It was awesome. You can seriously spend days in there and still not understand the variety of foods they offer. There's a sample of something new and fresh around every aisle. You could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner while you explored because they have buffets and short-order cooks throughout that mecca of cuisine. I ate from their salad bar. My pickings included fresh kale, roasted sweet potatoes, and lentils. Did I mention there was a wine tasting going on in the store, too? Yeah.

For me, someplace like that awakens the impulse to branch out and indulge my palate. I love to try what I've never had or seen before. But I understand that everyone doesn't share my enthusiasm, and basically, people are going to eat what they're going to eat. What I don't understand though, is the disconnect some have between what they put in their mouth and either the scale, their energy level, or their mood. I want to help with that! What you put in your mouth directly correlates with the way your body functions. Food is fuel before anything else. You have to know what's going to rev you up and what's going to slow you down. I'll begin a series on specific food groups tomorrow that will really help you organize your diet and find those speed bumps that are slowing you down. Talk to you soon, more later:)

~ Sar

No comments:

Post a Comment