11.12.2010

Helloooo Bloggers!

   So this is my first ever blog! Very excited:) I'm doing it because first, and most importantly, I love food! And I wanted to start something that documents how I keep my body fueled effectively with a busy schedule and on a college-girl's budget. There's a lot of great blogs out there that talk about healthy eating, new diets, food tips, etc, and I'm often intrigued or inspired by them. However the trend seems to include a lot of do-it-yourself baking and obscure or exotic ingredients which can be both pricey and time consuming to actually get into your body. So while I'll try to have as many fun, palate-pleasing tips as possible, everything I talk about will be stuff you can find easily wherever you shop and pretty simple to assemble.

What else... oh. I'm not a professional in the field of nutrition. At least, not yet! I graduated in 2009 with a degree in psychology, but fell much more in love with my nutrition class during the last semester. Just my luck! So in January I'll be back at school taking the few extra classes I need to apply for grad school and get my masters in food and nutrition. Also very excited about that:) It will be cool to see how my food  knowledge grows through the process.

I should add that I'm lactose intolerant! That means a lot of the food I talk about will be dairy free -- which automatically makes the saturated fat content really low. But seriously though, I miss dairy lol. It's something that developed over the last year, and  you don't realize how much stuff includes dairy (ahem, Pringles!) until it makes you sick lol. Anyhow that sums things up. I'm pretty pumped to start this new project and bring you along with me:) Thanks for reading, more later.

~ Sar

4 comments:

  1. Pringles have dairy in them?!?!? This blog is already extremely informative and it's only your first one! Looks great, can't wait to read more.
    ~Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read the next post, I could use some healthy eating tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have become lactose intolerant this past year, it sucks, diary is awesome. I'm following you now lol. Keep up the informative posts, blogs are big money when they are ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with everything you've said, and looking forward to a healthy change! But backwards hats will be cool forever:-)!! Long live the 90's!

    ReplyDelete